How is CranioSacral Therapy Performed?
CranioSacral Therapy is performed on a person fully clothed. Using a light touch – generally no more than the weight of a nickel – the practitioner monitors the rhythm of the crainosacral system to detect potential restrictions and imbalances. The therapist then uses delicate manual techniques to release those problem areas and relieve undue pressure on the brain and spinal cord. A CranioSacral Therapy session can last from about 15 minutes to more than an hour, and the initial evaluation alone is often enough to correct a problem. The result? A central nervous system free of restrictions. And a body that’s able to return to its greatest levels of performance.
What conditions does CranioSacral Therapy address?
CranioSacral Therapy strengthens your body’s ability to take better care of you. It helps alleviate a range of illness, pain and dysfunction, including:
• Migraines and Headaches
• Chronic Neck and Back Pain
• Motor-Coordination Impairments
• Stress and Tension-Related Problems
• Infantile Disorders
• Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
• Chronic Fatigue
• Central Nervous System Disorders
• Emotional Difficulties
• Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
• Learning Disabilities
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Orthopedic Problems
• And Many Other Conditions